The Central Rift Valley Water Works Development Agency (CRVWWDA) is one of the nine (9) Water Works Development Agencies in Kenya and was formed under Section 65 of the Water Act, 2016. It was established through Kenya Gazette Notice No. 4 dated 7thFebruary 2020. The region served by the Agency comprise of the five Counties of Nakuru, Narok, Laikipia, Baringo and Nyandarua. The four Counties of Nakuru, Narok, Baringo and Nyandarua were innitialy under the former Rift Valley Water Works Development Agency (RVWWDA) while Laikipia County was under the Northern Water Works Development Agency (NWWDA).The RVWWDA had itself replaced the Rift Valley Water Services Board (RVWSB) that operated in seven Counties, namely, Turkana, West Pokot, Elgeyo/Marakwet,Nakuru, Narok, Baringo and Nyandarua under the Water Act, 2002. The Agency is a state Corporation under the Ministry of Water & Sanitation and Irrigation.
Vision and Mission Statement and Strategic Objectives
The Core functions of the Rift Valley Water Works Development Agency, as provided at Section 68 of the Water Act, 2016 are;
Undertake development, maintenance and management of national public water works;
- Operate the Water Works as a water Service Provider until the Water Works are handed over to a designated water services provider for operation and management as per Section 68 (b);
- Provide water services when ordered by the Regulatory Board as per section 103 of the Water Act, 2016.
- Provide technical and capacity building services to county governments and water services providers upon request;
- Provide technical support to the Cabinet Secretary in the discharge of the duties provided under the Constitution and the Water Act, 2016.
To be the epitome of excellence in the development of water and sanitation infrastructure.
To plan, develop and deliver efficient and dependable water and sanitation infrastructure
(iv) Core Values
- Team work,
- Customer Focus,
- Equity and fairness,
- Environmental Sustainability,
(v) The Strategic Objectives of CRVWWDA
The strategic objectives of the Agency as adopted from the Interim Strategic Plan are:
- To plan for development of water infrastructure;
- To enhance the Agency’s financial resource base to ensure operational sustainability;
- To increase access to adequate & safe water and efficient sewerage services through the development of Water infrastructure;
- To transfer and build the capacity of the County Governments in the Agency’s area of jurisdiction for the efficient management of Water Services; and
- To enhance the Agency’s institutional capacity for effective corporate performance.